Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Debi's Day out

The day started at 5.45 PM the day before. I was dragged from my 1 room palace with a tennis racket (which proved useless, bcos pcube forgot that we need 2 rackets to play tennis) in my hand. I was thrown into the back seat of a Santro with Pcube besides me. I was scared, as would all people be, if they know the power of Pcube. On the front seat I could see a person (MA) at the wheel. He was behaving like a monkey (much the way Symonds behaves on field) during certain parts of the journey. I could visualize myself crashing to death as had happened to Aamir in ISHQ, when another monkey was driving the Car. On the other front seat, a lady (PBA) was trying to calm the animal man, but was not succeeding at all. Anyways, we reached our destination without much injury to my health or mind. Once we reached, I was greeted with a welcome drink, i.e. khatta pani with Panipuri as side dishJ. I think there was also some plan to prepare some sweet dish, which due to lethargic nature of all did not materialize at all.

No human being can stand this much of torture, but there was still more to come. The dumbest movie of Nagesh Kukkunoor was waiting for us in Prasads. Statutory warning to all people – Don’t watch Bombay to Bangkok, if you are not BIVAS. After this, the weekly torture (only to the eyes though) point, Ohris was the next destination. My luck was so good that day that I was fortunate enough to get some free zalebis due to the kindness of our very own Oriya waiter bhai. Whenever I get something free, be it Zalebi or Johnnie Walker, I feel sleepy. So I went to sleep right at 4 AM. Some great person had once said ‘early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. With hardly any wealth or health on my side, I had to sleep early.

The plan for Sunday was that we will utilize the services of my company like the Pool, BB court, etc, for which I pay loads of dollars each month. But what we ultimately learnt was that ‘you should read each and every policy of your company’. While using the pool with friends, the guard came and very politely asked us to leave the pool as it is supposed to be used only by the employees (he said in a manner which suggested that his father had built the pool and he is the rightful owner of it). Anyways, we had to abandon the idea of utilizing any more services provided by the esteemed company after this.

The next stop was Prasads again, but not to watch a movie, rather to sell the tickets of the Golden compass, so as to save ourselves from another torture. As experienced by myself, I have now become an expert at identifying prospective movie ticket buyers. May be I will soon start the ticket black dhanda as a side business, since the salary that I get, somehow dissolves into thin air by the time 20th of a month arrives. After this successful mission, PBA insisted that we should try our hand at cart racing, specially keeping in mind the 2010 Delhi F1 race. We had to agree to her idea and landed at runway 9. This runway is not straight as most runways are, rather it’s a 14 Bend full-fledged racing track with other dangerous sports arena besides it. One of these games is Skating. Again a statutory warning from my side – Don’t ride a skate, if you are above 15 years old, no matter what your weight is. Pcube who is weighing at 110 pounds, fell down thrice during skating, PBA once and your’s truly twice (that too backwards, could not sleep properly that night L and no need to mention about my weight). Only MA did not have any damage, may be because of his monkey like acrobatics. During carting, I had my first major accident on a Cart where I ran into the barriers and 6 tires decided that its time they ride me, rather than the other way round. I came out of it with miner bruises and I am confident that if given a chance in the 2010 Delhi f1 race, I can challenge Alonso and Raikonen. With a quiet dinner at BB, the day ended.

It was indeed an eventful day (and a half) and what was sone pe suhaga or icing on the cake was that this happened after a long time. Friends are back in Hyderabad after a long time and happy days are back again.

7 comments:

Gunjan said...

what an experience..wish I could have joined you guys..
anyways...hope you get to enjoy more fun-filled days (though some of your friends are not "back in hyderabad" ;) and are not sure if they'd ever be)...hehehe!!

Joydeep Das said...

Hello Debi Prasad,

We are pleased to announce the launch of 'Chakpak Picture Gallery Widgets - beta' . Movie Picture Gallery Widgets are small HTML scriptlets which you can copy to your blog and they show nifty picture gallery for the configured movie. They are a neat addition to your blog entry.

It looks like you are a movie buff, and frequently blog about movies. These Picture Gallery Widgets would be a great addition to the movie reviews that you write.

To start just go to http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/ Find the widget which you like. Click on Grab this widget and copy-paste the HTML scriptlet to your blog.

We hope you like them. Please send us any feedback on the widgets and help us improve the widgets further.

Regards,
Chakpak Team
http://www.chakpak.com
http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/

PCube said...

You're a revelation! Write more often.

Critical virgo in me now takes over- you started off well but lost your way towards the middle before picking up towards the end. Also, there was no connection between 110 pounds and skating. There was no mention of FuBball, pool or TT. Not even the bungee-like antics. Re-write!

Debi Prasad said...

Sorry for missing that part. Rewriting will be a tedious job :(
Weise bhi due to mickey, i lost to girls in TT, what is there to mention :)

Bivas said...

XCuse me...Golden Compass was indeed a GOOD movie!
Haan waise Bombay 2 Bangkok might just be a bit non-kukoonur type but the Rapper-Bhai was hilarious :D ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ahem... Seems like the Happy Days are back in Hyd again !!!
I do really miss those crazy nightouts.. my most memorable one of course being the one on a Sunday night(when I think PCube was unwell and was planning to take the day off) .. I remember MA and me on my Kinetic and me dozing off, while driving to office the next morning, only to be woken the bewildered honks of the the irate car/truck drivers around me... Yeah we did have some crazy days...
Great stuff Debi !!! Keep writing...
Regards,
A-friend-who-doesn't-know-when-he-will-be-back-in-Hyd...

the MONK who BOUGHT the ferrari said...

u guys have ALL the fun...just u wait till i start blogging.....everyone who reads it will have damp,puffy under eyes