Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mini movies : Big experience

Tomorrow, I am going to watch a movie called 'Dus Kahaniyan'. Its an un-bollywood like movie with 10 different short films being shown one after another. Short films!!! Its quite an interesting phenomenon. It can be about anything and not necessarily need to have a full length storyline or moral learning behind it (like the 3 hr movies). But they have to be brief and strong in every scene. You just cant afford a weak second there, unlike the big movies.

Few days ago, the passionforcinema site hosted a short film competition. My previous flatmate Anand was very eager to participate in it. He somehow convinced me to be a part of his mini movie. I had no idea what I had to do and was nervous. This was very new for me. But then he told me that he had developed the concept from a real life scenario and I was already part of that scenario. Hence he believed, I could play the part very well.

Lets focus on the incident first. It happened a few days back, when all of a sudden our main door refused to shut down, without the lock from inside being used. The problem was that both of us had different office timings. Mine was from 9 AM to 6 PM and Anand's was from 2 PM to 11PM. So when it was time for me to leave for office, he used to be asleep. Without disturbing his sleep, there was no way we could close the door from inside. And the idea of the door opening up due to wind or human force, when he is sleeping, was scary. We could have lost valuable stuff from out house or there was danger to Anand. We had to find a solution and I found one, which was very effective. I tied a shoe lace to the chitkani (lock to close the door from inside) from inside and took the two ends of the lace to the outer part of the door. Now when I pulled the shoe lace from outside, the chitkani got closed from inside. Thus I could close the door from outside without Anand's help and Anand could later open it from inside.

our home was safe now, because of a very simple idea. Didn't get the idea??? Then watch the short film that we made on this. Click on the below URL and watch the movie 'THE DOOR'.


Then when I was shifting to a new place, Anand asked me to star in another movie, in bargain for the advance that he had to pay me :). I agreed due to the fun I had during filming the first one. This movie was based on a fiction, with the only truth behind the story being the death of our fishes, Sania n Sarapova. May their souls rest in peace.

In order to watch this movie, go to the below URL and watch the movie 'FISHES'.



When these movies were hosted on the site, we got some good responses and some bad. I guess the effort was really there and we did a good job, considering that this was our first attempt at it. After watching some other videos, I realized how a good short movie can be made. Especially the short movies, 'Itch', 'A Day In The Life Of India', etc. Do watch these movies once you are there.

4 comments:

PCube said...

Proud of you, Debbie ;)

Debi Prasad said...

Thanks:)

dazedandconfused said...

Nice write up, Debi!

Bishu said...

Awesome movie, Debbi :) Just saw it... absolutely fantastic acting...you the dude!!